Saturday 3 June 2017

Summary of May 2017


Summary of May 2017

I have still not managed to buy any more stocks and when I take a look at the expenses coming up then I do not see that I will be able to buy anything during June. After vacation in July (for the two last weeks of June I will be in Sweden) I will need to start things up again. I am getting worried that this story will continue and I need to seriously break down what the costs are coming from.

The tax declaration has been filed in Germany. If everything works out according to the declaration then we might end up getting 3 to 4k € back which will be a welcomed addition. I had to call up Sweden to ask for my tax declaration. I got it during this week and I have already paid in the requested money. I wonder what has happened to the Swedish tax office. There has never before been any problems with me receiving the tax declaration but the last couple of years they seem to "forget" to send it out to me and of course... the responsibility to pay taxes lies on my shoulders.

One of my team members are have received an opportunity to go abroad for a couple of months as an expat. She will do a great job and I am happy to see her taking this chance. For me this means finding a new team member so that we can continue to reach our targets.

Soon I will have finished all the annual reports articles as well as analysis of my companies. I could wish that a lot of them would have been in a better state by now. Those initial investments that I made in banks and energy has been a drain on my stock portfolio from the very beginning. The start of how you build your portfolio is important.

For the previous summary please visit Summary of April 2017 and here you can see my stock portfolio as it is.


Invested versus current portfolio during May 2017


The total invested value is now up at: 89,217 € including a realised loss of -551 €. 


Current portfolio May 2017


The value of the portfolio is today: 98,031 € and spread out I now have around 6,800 € in cash on the different accounts. The combined unrealised and realised loss is now at: 8,814 € (10%) which is not as good as one would have liked.


Me vs DAX during May 2017


DAX have ended up having a good run and is now up at 12,823 points which means an increase of 2.5% which should be compared to my own stock portfolio that increased with only 1.7%.

Conclusion: DAX is doing much better again and for me it is still going only so, so. It feels hard to not be able to push in money each month as I would have liked to do but I have to look upon it as a temporary experiment of how a stock portfolio develops when you only work with what is there. At some point the hope would be that the portfolio is so large that any additional savings brought into it will just be silly but that is far, far into the future if ever.

No comments: