Monday 22 May 2017

DB annual report 2016




Front page of the DB annual report 2016


The report in full you can find here and for my previous summary of the DB annual report 2015 then please click on that link and to find out more about DB then visit DB analysis 2016.

Last year they had a Cost/Income ratio of 115%. This year their C/I was 98%. In my world costs are what you have to pay and income is everything that you get coming in. By the look of it DB is calculating this slightly different since they managed to go -1.4 billion € for the full year which to me is not a positive value which 98% would indicate. They had an income of almost 26 billion € which should then mean an income of around 500 million € but alas no. The income has been pretty flat for the last four years and the costs are mainly low due to them having to pay for their latest criminal activities which ever latest popped up. Still last year DB lost around 6.8 billion € so we might go in the good direction. 


Financial statement of DB 2017


Conclusion: It is every shareholders hope that now that DB brought in some more capital that they actually manage to get back on the horse and that there will be no more discoveries... to my knowledge, in the pipeline, we still have Iran and Russian money laundry and then we have the much exciting Italian situation. Will that be the end of it? I unfortunately do not think so still... I will remain as a shareholder and as you know I did buy more shares in April.

No comments: