Wednesday 8 February 2017

Summary of January 2017

Summary, January, 2017

January was an interesting month since it contained salary increase, bonus, stock options and back payment due to salary "error" for a six months period. I have since a long time been against bonuses but I must say that receiving share options was very enjoyable.

During January I also ended up travelling to the far east on business and stayed for a week rolling my thumbs. The trip was however highly important and with a successful outcome my team will be kept busy for months to come. I strongly dislike when I need to travel somewhere for support and to bring in some well selected words and sentences at the correct moment but I do not think that there is a way around it. I was hit very hard with jet-lag and slept maximum three hours per night. Very exhausting.

In the next couple of weeks I might even end up travelling back home to Sweden on business. I hope that I will be able to combine it with some holiday but we shall see if that can be done... I doubt it...

I have not yet managed to take up sports but I have decided to go, every now and then, for walks during my lunch break also here in the UK as I did every day in Germany. It is a start.

I managed to finish the Business Administration course of Organisation and Leadership. It was interesting but afterwards I must admit that I do not remember much of what I read. However me and my course mate managed to get the highest grade on the essay which was probably only possible because the third member of our group decided to leave us. Amazing how useless and annoying some people can be when you need to anonymously work with them online.

For the previous summary please visit Summary of December 2016 and here you can see my stock portfolio as it is.


Invested Jan 2017


The total invested value is now up at: 86,715 € (the decrease comes from me selling Adidas and not investing the full amount yet) including a realised loss of -356 €. I bought Hugo Boss as well as Nike.


Current January 2017

The value of the portfolio is today: 89,469 € and spread out I now have around 7,700 € in cash on the account. The combined unrealised and realised loss is now at: 2,754 € (3%) which is not as good as one would have liked.


Me vs DAX January 2017

DAX have more or less been standing still during January 2017 and went down to 11,543 points which means a decrease of -0.5% which is worse than the +1.0% that my portfolio managed to accomplish.

Conclusion: DAX did bad and I did better. I sold Adidas at an ok moment. The two stocks that I bought instead can be discussed.... My assumptions are a 30% gain for Nike and a 30-50% gain for Hugo Boss in share price during the coming 2-3 years. The fact that I make such a specific gain increase within a specific time frame added to it makes warning bells go off all over the place. Horrible! I hope that my statements will become utterly wrong to prove the point that such statements should never be given because they should never come true.

No comments: