Sunday 20 November 2016

Summary of October


October, summary, 2016


My thumb sucking did mess me up seriously. I should have sold my Adidas shares when the opportunity was there. I failed and they have dropped a lot and the pound has once again started to increase. *sigh*

I am late with this report simply due to too much to do with work.

Also... I still do not have time to keep things up as I would have liked to with this blog. I am sure that my time situation will improve again which is the only reason why I do not stop in completely. One must however always focus on what puts the bread on the table. Neither my stocks via dividend payments or my dealings with stocks are able to do this so I must push my day-time job and become better and better at performing it. This is my current focus which means I am not very active in answering questions nor in performing the analysis of requested companies. Sorry.

For the previous summary please visit Summary of September 2016 and here you can see my stock portfolio as it is.


October, 2016, invested, current

The total invested value is now up at: 87,939 € including a realised loss of -3,757 €. I increased my position in ABF.


October, 2016, holdings


The value of the portfolio is today: 82,700 € and spread out I now have around 2,546 € in cash on the account. The combined unrealised and realised loss is now at: -5,239 € (-6%) which is bad.




DAX increased slightly during October and it is now up at 10,665 points which means 1.7% which makes me beat it because I ended up with 2.2% for the running month.

Conclusion: At the moment the world is a strange place to be in and yet it has not been so peaceful as it is for a long, long time. Please never forget that even though things are strange the companies will still keep selling their products and keep making profits. I did not expect Trump to become president but he will take over and where there are / will become issues with trade then factories or outsourcing will probably be on the agenda with the US as it will be the case with the UK.

No comments: