Sunday 10 May 2015

Investment May 2015: ETF Austria


Deutsche Bank, a German investment bank

Yes, I know... you all find me boring for buying these ETFs and I can live with that as long as the Austrian index will keep increasing. To find out why I stepped in to Austria with the first investment then please take a look at extra investment March 2015: ETF Austria.

Recently Value and Opportunity posted a weekend link list which you can find here and there was a link to a pdf file by German Starcapital which you can find here. The graph confirmed my belief that the Austrian index and individual companies for that matter are currently good investments. It is dangerous as an investor to get influenced by external sources. The reason why I accept this is because I was not hunting for information to convince myself. I was just having my normal reading session and I happened to bump into this material.

Now I will come with some macro bunk so please look the other way... The Swiss population as well as Swiss companies will, due to CHF/EUR, go shopping in Austria and other countries around them. Germany, the machinery of Europe, is next door to Austria and the Gravity model including cultural as well as the language similarity will mean a remained high trade activity with Germany. That Austria is right next door to the, hopefully soon, blooming countries in middle/east Europe will lead to more lasting long term benefits in trade with them. End of my macro bunk.

I decided to make the full monthly investment into what I call ETF Austria. I therefore bought 50 parts at a total value, including fees, of 1,969.90 or 39.40 € per part. In total I now own 80 parts of ETF Austria at a total cost of 3,082.70 € or 38.53 € per part.

To take a look at my current Stock Portfolio then please click on that link. The portfolio will however not be fully updated until the end of the month.

No comments: