Sunday 29 June 2014

Dividend from BP: June 2014


British Petroleum, a British oil and energy company

My British contrarian company BP paid yet another quarter dividend to me. I currently hold 354 shares and I was paid 0.058071 GBP per share which gave a total of 20.56 GBP and after the conversion to euro I got 25.71 € cash in my hand to invest as I see fit.

The share price for BP has kept increasing lately and most likely that is due to their own share buy-back program but that I have no issues with since it has a triple effect:

  • Potentially increased share price (based on how big volumes they go after)
  • No taxes paid (compared to paying out dividend to me that I pay tax on)
  • My share of the future earnings increases.

All three things makes me happy and actually even more than getting cash in my hand in the form of dividend. To get a closer look on BP then please see the analysis of BP 2014.

The Stock Dividends page has now been updated.
 

No comments: